The Suwannee Parks & Recreation Youth Football League offers children in our community the opportunity to participate in organized youth football in a safe environment. We seek to teach our participants the fundamentals of the game as well as instill a lifelong passion for football in each player.
We strive to provide you and your child with a safe and enjoyable youth sports experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Youth Football Program, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at (386) 362-3004 or through email at email@example.com.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation offers four age divisions of youth football:
- Flag Football – For 5 and 6 year old players. Players cannot turn 7 before September 1st.
- 7&8 Year Old Flag Football. Player cannot turn 9 before September 1st.
- 7 & 8 Year Old Tackle Football – Players cannot turn 9 before September 1st.
- Pee Wee Tackle Football – For 9 & 10 year old players. Players cannot turn 11 before September 1st (11 year olds under 80 lbs. may participate with restrictions).
- Junior Tackle Football – For 11-13 year old players. Players cannot turn 14 before September 1st.
- NOTE: Players on the Suwannee Middle School football team are not eligible to participate in the Junior Tackle Football Program. If a player is cut or opts not to play for SMS they will be permitted to sign up late.
- $65 from July 27th through July 31st
- $75 from August 3rd – August 14th
- $85 from August 17th – August 21st
- Location – Games will be played at a variety of locations, including but not limited to the First Federal Sportsplex in Live Oak, Paul Langford Stadium, Memorial Stadium in Lake City, Hamilton County Rec Center and the Madison County Rec Center.
- Duration – Teams typically play 8 games during the season; teams will usually have one weeknight game and one Saturday game. Flag Football and 7 & 8 year old tackle football will play predominately on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All other tackle football will play predominately on Mondays and Saturdays.
What Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide:
Participants in the tackle football program will receive a pair of practice pants (and pants pads), a pair of integrated game pants (with pads built in), shoulder pads, socks, jersey and helmet decals. Players may keep their jersey and helmet decals but must return all other equipment back to Suwannee Parks & Recreation at the conclusion of the season. Flag Football players will receive a uniform consisting of a jersey and shorts. Coaches will be provided with age appropriate footballs, flag belts (for Flag Football), and kicking tees.
What you need to provide:
All participants must furnish their own mouth guard to be used for all practices and games. Additionally, all players must have their own cleats which must be made of either rubber or plastic. No metal cleats will be allowed. Tackle football players must provide their own helmet. The color of your helmet is not as important as the fit, but most helmets available through sporting goods stores will be white in color. Make sure you purchase a helmet that fits correctly. Check with your sporting goods retailer to ensure proper helmet fit. We recommend that all helmets carry the NOCSAE stamp.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COACHING YOUR CHILD’S TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT SUWANNEE PARKS & RECREATION AT (386) 362-3004.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation
1201 Silas Drive
Live Oak, FL 32064
Phone: (386) 362-3004
Fax: (386) 208-1580