Help catalog biodiversity at Little River Springs on Saturday April 9th, 2022. Bring a smartphone with the free iNaturalist app and join our project. It’ll be fun for the whole family.
How many species can you identify in one day? Join Suwannee Parks & Recreation in a fun day of observing and cataloging all the animals, plants, fungi, and other organisms that call this park home. We welcome all skill levels and interests.
1301 Walker Avenue SW
Live Oak, FL 32064
The Billy Jernigan Swimming Pool is open seasonally from June – August. The pool is named after the late County Commissioner, Mr. Billy Jernigan, in honor of his years of service to Suwannee County. The pool is set up as a 25 yd. long, 6 lane short course facility that features men’s and women’s locker rooms, a lifeguard office, and two picnic pavilions available to rent. The pool is a concrete pool with a fiberglass surface that holds 147,000 gallons of water. It uses a calcium hypochlorite chlorinating system and a high rate sand filtration system. The pool is maintained by certified Aquatic Facility Operators (AFO) and managed by certified American Red Cross lifeguards.
The Par Fitness Course is available at First Federal Sportsplex. This course is a collaborative effort between Suwannee Parks and Recreation and the Suwannee County School District.
We have two great Skate Parks. You’ll find them at these locations
All Minors must have a completed & notarized parental consent form on file and decal issued by Suwannee Parks & Recreation. Skate Park Parental Consent Form
Pursuant to FLORIDA STATUTE, 316.0085(5)(c), users under the age of 17 must have a waiver of consent signed by a parent / guardian and kept on file at the Suwannee Parks & Recreation office. A decal will be assigned which must be affixed to their helmet and worn at all times.
- All users must wear a helmet. It is highly recommended that users wear other safety equipment such as knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards.
- Skaters under the age of 8 must have a parent present with them.
- Skate at your own risk – no supervision is provided.
- Skate at your own skill level. Don’t attempt tricks beyond your ability.
- Call 911 if an emergency or an accident occurs.
- Bicycles and motorized equipment are not allowed in the skate park area; only skateboards, scooters and inline skates.
- No skating when surface is wet.
- Ride safely and avoid collisions with other riders.
- Fighting and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the skate park area.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Any organized contests or competitions must be scheduled through Suwannee Parks & Recreation.
- Please do not skate in the parking lot, tennis courts, racquetball courts or basketball courts.
- Modifications to any of the skate park equipment will not be allowed.
- Use of this park is a privilege, not a right. Please don’t abuse it.
- Please report any hazards or maintenance issues to Suwannee Parks & Recreation immediately.
Tennis lessons are offered in the summer
Day Camp for ages 5-12 June & July
Swimming Lessons for ages 4 & up – Summer season only
Swim Team ages 5-18. Registration usually begins in April. US Swim Fee, Swimsuit & accessories cost extra.