Youth Basketball Program Information
The Suwannee Parks & Recreation Youth Basketball Program offers children in our community the opportunity to participate in organized youth basketball in a safe environment. We seek to teach our participants the fundamentals of the game as well as instill a lifelong passion for basketball in each player.
We strive to provide you and your child with a safe and enjoyable youth sports experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Youth Basketball program, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at (386) 362-3004 or through email at email@example.com.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation offers two divisions of youth basketball:
- Pee Wee – For 8, 9 and 10 year old players. Players cannot turn 11 before January 1st.
- Junior – For 11-13 year old players. Players cannot turn 14 before January 1st.
- NOTE: Players on the Suwannee Middle School basketball team will not be eligible to participate in the Youth Basketball Program. If a player is cut or opts not to play for SMS they will be permitted to sign up late.
Basketball registration is $65.
- Location – All practices will be held at the Suwannee County Coliseum.
- Duration – Practice will take place two to three days per week for approximately an hour and a half each practice session. Practices will typically begin around 5:30 pm and will be held on Mondays and Thursdays.
- The basketball program will be treated as a camp setting. We will meet two to three times a week for practice and learn together as a group. A large portion of the camp will be spent in a game setting. We will divide players into different teams each time we meet and scrimmage. This will allow for more teaching opportunities.
What Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide:
Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide a reversible jersey top for each player to keep and bring with them for each day of practice.
What you need to provide:
All players registered for the youth basketball program must provide their own practice uniform. All participants must also furnish their own shoes with a non-marking sole. Coaches will be provided with basketballs but we encourage each player to bring their own ball (with his/her name on it) to practice.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation
1201 Silas Drive
Live Oak, FL 32064
Phone: (386) 362-3004
Fax: (386) 208-1580