Youth Basketball Program Information
The Suwannee Parks & Recreation Youth Basketball Program offers children in our community the opportunity to participate in organized youth basketball in a safe environment. We seek to teach our participants the fundamentals of the game as well as instill a lifelong passion for basketball in each player.
We strive to provide you and your child with a safe and enjoyable youth sports experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Youth Basketball program, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at (386) 362-3004 or through email at email@example.com.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation offers two divisions of youth basketball:
- Pee Wee – For 8, 9 and 10 year old players. Players cannot turn 11 before January 1st.
- Junior – For 11-13 year old players. Players cannot turn 14 before January 1st.
- NOTE: Players on the Suwannee Middle School basketball team will not be eligible to participate in the Youth Basketball Program. If a player is cut or opts not to play for SMS they will be permitted to sign up late.
Basketball registration is $65.
- Location – All practices will be held at the Suwannee County Coliseum. Practices may also be scheduled at the Gary Edwards Memorial Gymnasium (at the Douglass Center).
- Duration – Teams will typically practice two to three days per week for approximately an hour and a half each practice session. Practices will typically begin around 5:30 pm and will be held on Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Location – All games will be held at the Suwannee County Coliseum and/or the Gary Edwards memorial Gymnasium (at the Douglass Center).
- Duration – Teams will play 8 regular season games. Teams will typically have one to two games each week with the possibility of some Saturday games.
What Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide:
Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide each basketball participant with a uniform consisting of a jersey and shorts. Please do not practice in your uniform. Coaches will receive to bag of basketballs and cones to use for the duration of the season.
What you need to provide:
All players registered for the youth basketball program must provide their own practice uniform. All participants must also furnish their own shoes with a non-marking sole. Coaches will be provided with basketballs but we encourage each player to bring their own ball (with his/her name on it) to practice.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COACHING YOUR CHILD’S TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT SUWANNEE PARKS & RECREATION AT (386) 362-3004.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation
1201 Silas Drive
Live Oak, FL 32064
Phone: (386) 362-3004
Fax: (386) 208-1580