Youth Cheerleading Program Information
The Suwannee Parks & Recreation Youth Cheerleading Program offers children in our community the opportunity to participate in organized cheerleading in a safe and fun environment. We seek to teach our participants the fundamentals of cheering as well as instill a lifelong passion for cheer in each participant.
We strive to provide you and your child with a safe and enjoyable youth sports experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Youth Cheerleading Program, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at (386) 362-3004 or through email at email@example.com.
The youth cheerleading program is intended for participants age 5 to 13 years old. A participants’ age will be determined as of September 1st.
Player Evaluations (Draft):
There are no evaluations for participants registered in the Cheerleading Program. Participants will be assigned to teams by the Cheerleading Coordinator.
- Start Date – . Your coach will not contact you prior to your first practice. All cheerleading participants should plan on arriving at the park at 5:45 pm to meet the Cheerleading Coordinator and be introduced to your team.
- Location – All cheerleading practices will be held at the First Federal Sportsplex in Live Oak.
- Duration – Cheerleaders will practice three days per week, typically from 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm.
- Location – Games will be played at a variety of locations, including but not limited to the First Federal Sportsplex in Live Oak, Paul Langford Stadium, Memorial Stadium in Lake City, Hamilton County Rec Center and the Madison County Rec Center.
- Duration – Teams will be scheduled to cheer for 8 games during the season; teams will typically have one weeknight game and one Saturday game.
What Suwannee Parks & Recreation will provide:
Each cheerleader will be provided a uniform consisting of a top, skirt and pom-poms. Check with your coach to find out about your team’s uniform fitting. Additionally, all cheerleaders will receive a personalized trophy at the conclusion of the season.
What you need to provide:
Make sure your cheerleader has comfortable shoes appropriate for outdoor activity. Also, please provide your child with ample water/sports drinks for all practices and games.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COACHING YOUR CHILD’S TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT SUWANNEE PARKS & RECREATION AT (386) 362-3004.
Suwannee Parks & Recreation
1201 Silas Drive
Live Oak, FL 32064
Phone: (386) 362-3004
Fax: (386) 208-1580